Lot of months have passed since the last update of SonicStreamer but that doesn’t mean that I have stopped working on the app. Over the last months (with some short breaks) I have worked on a new version for Windows 10, based on the new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) where I have combined the desktop and the mobile version into one single app. Now all versions (PC/Tablet, Mobile and later Xbox One) are running on the same code basis which means that new functionalities and changes are automatically available on all platforms.
The UI has also now a new look & feel to fit into the new Windows 10 environment. You will not see some big new features, only some minor improvements but I hope you like it too.
For the next update I will try to implement the users number one feature request: Offline Playback. I also try to push new versions frequently like in the past.
Here you can find the complete change log:
- [New]: Almost all pages have a new design to met the new Windows 10 look & feel
- [New]: Artist / Album Page: new interaction menu for a single artist/ album item
- [New]: Tracks of an album can be now extended separately
- [New]: Hamburger Menu now available on all systems and pages
- [New]: Semantic Zoom also now on Folder Page
- [New]: Added new Playback Page which also shows last.fm data of the current track
- [New]: Transparent Tile
- [Changed]: Folder icon on Folder Page
- [Fixed]: Crashes (especially) on mobile phones with low memory while loading a large amount of albums
- Known issue: UVC (
Universal Volume Control) is not available on desktop platform